Friday, December 4, 2009

My First Scrapbooking Page

This is another blog hop for Kim's Blissful papercrafting kit. You should have come here thru Serendipity's blog and Michelle's.
This is my first scrapbooking page. I used the BellaBella "French Flea Market" Simply Plaid sheet from the kit. I punched circles from the TPC Studio Ancestral Key Stripe and placed them half under the matted picture so it looks like a big scalloped edge. I used the flipside of the Key Stripe for the mat around the pic, there is a faint print as the pattern.
I stamped the seashells from the TweetyJill's stamps sets: By the Sea, and Retro Oceanside. It is stamped in Memento rich cocoa, desert sand, and sponged with Palette ocean tides. Then I distressed the edges with a bone folder and attached it to the Vanilla soaked tag. I put a strip of ribbon thru the hole, and wrapped the pre-tied string around the ribbon.

You can see in this pic that the cream paper has a sheen. I used my aquapen to color the sky and water of this ship image, which is also from the By the Sea set. Also seen here, is dew drops and leaf ribbon that is included in the kit.



4 comments:

  1. Roni! Your first scrapbook page is adorable! No one would ever guess that this your first time creating one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the leaf ribbon. The tag is cute and I like the idea of the circles tucked under to look like a scalloped border. Nice first page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this so much - this is a REAL Dave/Roni pic!! The circle scallop is inspired! Are we becoming scrapbookers?? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool pose that guy has. Is he famous?

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your sweet comments!