I love this inspiration pic! The colors are so pretty. I tried to capture that same green. This is also for the Paper Pals Sketch Challenge. I turned it upside down so the ribbon could be across the bottom.
This is for the Moxie Fab Damask & Brocade Challenge, and CAS-ual Friday's Bird challenge, #52. Brocade is not really my style, so I took that as a challenge. I did not have any damask patterned papers, and since the challenge was to make it the focal point on the card, I decided to make my own. I googled some damask images to get a feel of what it would look like, and to see if I had any stamps that would work.
I pulled out one of Stampin' Up's retired sets, Carte Postale. (which I may have to use on the Postcard challenge too. ;))
I just ordered some new ink from A Muse, this is Burano. It really isn't the color that I hoped it would be. It is really close to PTI Berry Sorbet. In fact, that is the paper(PTI berry) I used. Then I tried to sponge PTI tea dye around the edges, but evidently the A Muse ink is slow drying, because that is what is sponged around the whole edge, the Burano, not the tea dye. I didn't even have to dip the sponge on the ink pad, the stamped images smudged themselves. If that makes sense.
This is for the Unity National Scrapbooking Day Challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. I used a paper plate to mask a section, and spritzed around it. It was just so dark, so I used some MME patterned paper with white to lighten it. But it was still too dark, so I used a white gel pen to add a circle and some faux stitches, and then some star outlines.
The journaling part and stars were stamped with Unity's A Moment In Time stamps.
I used some chipboard letters for Ian's name, but they were in the wrong colors. So first i spritzed them, still too dark, then I outlined them in white ink. Still didn't look right, so i inked them with red ink.
Again, too dark! I inked them with my white ink pad, red still not dry, so I just ruined my white ink pad! ugh!! SO I ended up using a Pearl Pen in white.