This is for the Moxie Fab Damask & Brocade Challenge, and CAS-ual Friday's Bird challenge, #52. Brocade is not really my style, so I took that as a challenge. I did not have any damask patterned papers, and since the challenge was to make it the focal point on the card, I decided to make my own. I googled some damask images to get a feel of what it would look like, and to see if I had any stamps that would work.
I pulled out one of Stampin' Up's retired sets, Carte Postale. (which I may have to use on the Postcard challenge too. ;))
I just ordered some new ink from A Muse, this is Burano. It really isn't the color that I hoped it would be. It is really close to PTI Berry Sorbet. In fact, that is the paper(PTI berry) I used. Then I tried to sponge PTI tea dye around the edges, but evidently the A Muse ink is slow drying, because that is what is sponged around the whole edge, the Burano, not the tea dye. I didn't even have to dip the sponge on the ink pad, the stamped images smudged themselves. If that makes sense.