Thursday, March 31, 2011

Social Graces - Nashville

on our recent trip to Nashville, when we were downtown, we stumbled upon this PAPER store! of course, i had to go in! Social Graces mostly does invitations, but it is great inspiration for card making!


i bought some of this handmade paper from Spain. and i loved the way they packaged it with some melting wax and twine.
so i tried it myself. Mom bought me a silver melting wax a few years ago, and i got a new R at this store.
i just need to practice a bit more, i think i needed more wax.
i packaged a couple of cards in a plastic sleeve and then put a PTI Fillable Frames die cut as a thank you for the purchase. i tied it with twine and added the wax. it was a fun project. maybe it will inspire you too.

5 comments:

  1. Super cool store - love your waxy monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! What a fabulous looking store! I will definitely be visiting it on our next trip to Nashville! I love your wax monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this store, Veronica--and how inspiring it is to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love to find paper stores like the one you visited in Nashville. I even love the NAME! I always find something so pretty, so unique- and spend too much on it. But it is a nice way to find unusual paper items that you cannot find in the other chain craft stores. I also love the sealing wax you used. I have some from long ago, I need to break it out. I love this blogging community. It is so nice to find so many who have the same love of all of the same things I do. Happy crafting....! : D

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your sweet comments!